Ph.d. defense Chengwei Gao
Chengwei Gao, Department of Chemistry and Bioscience, AAU, will defend his thesis on ”Enhancing the performances of the MOF-based anodes for lithium ion batteries by order/disorder engineering”
09.07.2021 kl. 13.00 - 16.00
”Enhancing the performances of the MOF-based anodes for lithium ion batteries by order/disorder engineering”
To meet the ever-increasing demands of modern society, lithium-ion batteries is one of the most popular energy storage devices in modern society due to their advantages compared with traditional energy storage devices. However, the fast development of the electric vehicles, smart grid and portable devices urgently requires better performance from batteries. Thus, new anode materials with higher capacity have been extensively investigated in recent years. This PhD project focused on metal organic frameworks (MOF), highly porous crystalline materials that show great potentials as electrode materials for batteries due to their great porosity, high surface area and tunable chemical components. The preparation and electrochemical performance of MOF-based anode materials are thoroughly investigated.
- Professor Yuanzheng Yue, Department of Chemistry and Bioscience, AAU
- Professor Yanfei Zhang, Qilu University of Technology, China
- Professor Søren Knudsen Kær, Department of Energy Technology, AAU
- Professor Morten Lykkegaard Christensen (chairman), Aalborg University, Denmark (Moderator)
- Professor Liqiang Mai, Wuhan University of Technology, China
- Professor Dorthe B. Ravnsbæk, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
The defense will be a partly online one, with chairman of the assessment committee (Morten Lykkegaard Christensen) as the moderator.
Join Zoom meeting
Meeting ID: 629 3460 1259
Department of Chemistry and Bioscience, AAU
Fredrik Bajers Vej 7H, 9220 Aalborg Øst room 3.122-3.128 /Online